Saturday, 11 October 2008

Constant Haranguing

It's non-stop here. "Taxi? Motorcyle? Lady boom-boom? How I can help you? Sunglass? Me good guy." Give me strength...

The worst are the ones who try and sell you sunglasses when you already have a pair on. If I had eyes in the back of my head, maybe I'd consider a second pair. But then, if I DID have eyes in the rear of said cranium, I'd see these little fuckers coming...and hide. Their English is limited when you want change for anything here, but they can all manage to say "I come back later...you change your mind?" Unreal.

As I've said previously, the formula is: the friendlier they are, the more they're going to want something off you. Sad, but true. I've met maybe three genuine ones so far who are just interested in where you are from, your life in England, and where you are going.

No comments: