Friday, 3 October 2008

Ye Olde Curiosity Shot

Couldn't sleep, so I left a snoring pig of a Colonel at 6am and walked outside for a quiet read by the waterfront. Wrong. Half the town were out, doing their physical jerks to the accompaniment of the Soviet-style voice barking out of the tannoys strapped to the lamp-posts. I was biting my lip watching all these old people half-arsedly running around, stretching, hawking and spitting phlegm all over the place. You'd have to see it to believe it.

So i phoned Our Scott to describe it. People were staring at me, but looking away as I caught them. As I finished the call, I heard a rustle in the bushes behind me. I turned, half expecting a dog, only to be confronted by a middle-aged woman in pyjamas taking a picture of me on her mobile. She made good her escape as I chuckled to myself.

I'm rather beginning to enjoy this, I must say...

No comments: