Thursday, 28 January 2010

Thanks...

I like to tell a tale. Making people laugh is one of life’s pleasures for me. I've met some great people (and some lunatics and freaks), one or two friends for life; funny things have happened to me; amazing things have happened to me; frightening things have almost happened to me. Unfortunately I didn’t have you there with me to see it. But I hope what I’ve written has amused you at some point, and made you feel like you were. I don’t expect anyone to agree with everything written, or not to think I’m an arsehole (thanks, Robin…you still have a hairdresser’s name, though) at some point in the proceedings. It’s a warts-and-all story, what can I say? I say what I see.

I might have upset the Israelis (good), the odd Aussie (jury's out) and have certainly upset a French acquaintance (though a female Parisian mate was quite amused and playfully ticked me off at Christmas) It’s tongue-in-cheek: I’m hardly Jim Davidson.

I’m flattered that people I respect for their various crafts have read this blog, and encouraged me. You know who you are. I’ve also had nudges from old friends eager to read more; believe me, I really do appreciate the kicks up the arse as I've needed them throughout life. I’ve had random emails from people as far away as the US and China. There are people I may actually get to visit on another trip, and that would be weird, in a good way. The world has certainly got smaller. Though I’d loved to have travelled before mobile phones and the internet to truly feel any sense of escape.

Enough suntanned navel-gazing. Time is the most important commodity any of us have. I want to thank each and every one of you for giving me some of yours.

2 comments:

coralie said...

No, thank You, Warren :-)

Maggie said...

Get writing then...